Information sur la société
With more than 90 000 employees, SUEZ provides solutions, services and products for water and waste treatment, for municipal and industrial customers worldwide
The Intellectual Property Department is looking for a Patent Attorney (H / F)
The IP department of Suez supports the global business strategy of the company and is currently facing several important issues: the consolidation of a global intellectual property organization including integration of a USA patent engineer team, and the development of the patent portfolio according to the Group’s strategic priorities (digitalization, recycling, growth of industrial market).
Description du poste
Fonction : Ingénieur Brevets Electronique/Mécanique Confirmé
Secteur : Industrie
Région / Pays : Ile de France / France
Lieu : La Défense (92)
Under the responsibility of the Group’s Intellectual Property Vice-President, the Patent Attorney will provide support to various Suez entities to protect their innovations and know-how, particularly in the field of industrial processes and digital solutions, which includes:
- Managing the patent portfolio for municipal water treatment infrastructures (detection of innovations, drafting and prosecution of patent applications, portfolio reviews, patent studies, oppositions before the EPO, …)
- Protection of digital solutions developed throughout the group,
- in collaboration with the corporate Legal Department, contribute to management of IP litigation cases, particularly in the field of treatment infrastructures for municipal water,
- provide assistance to draft Intellectual Property clauses of academic and industrial partnerships, in relation with the Group Legal Department
- Participate in the deployment of Intellectual Property procedures and tools in all Group entities (IP database, portfolio reviews, financial evaluation, training, etc.).
Profil du candidat
Masters Degree from an Engineering school, preferably computer, electronic, signal processing, or mechanical engineering, you hold a CEIPI certificate in Patents (or equivalent), you are a Qualified European Patent Attorney (EQE), and have at least a 5 years’ experience as patent engineer in private practice or industry.
- Knowledge in trademark law, copyright and related rights would be positively appreciated.
- Rigorous and precise in the technical and legal analysis, you are autonomous and organized.
- You have capacity to listen to internal client and understand strategic business issues, solution oriented.
- You also have excellent communication skills, in French and in English, both orally and in writing. Spanish would be a plus.
- You are motivated by team working, in an international environment (US, Spain, China, Maroc…).
- You are familiar with classic office software and ideally patent and trademark management tools (Memotech) as well as patented bibliographic watch tools.