Information sur la société
Reporting to a partner from UK IP Law Firm London office (who will also spend at least a proportion of their time in the French Office, the incumbent will be in charge of co-managing and developing the activities of IP Law Firm in France
Description du poste
Fonction : Lead Attorney French Office
Secteur : Services
Région / Pays : Ile de France, Sud Est, Sud Ouest
Lieu : Paris - Toulouse - Lyon
• Advising clients on securing appropriate IP protection and preparing and filing patent applications
• Ensuring that patentable inventions are recognized and protected
• Conducting oppositions, appeals, invalidity and revocation proceedings before the European Patent Office and national patent offices, including representing clients as an advocate at Oral Proceedings
• Providing FTO and validity/invalidity opinions
• Working alongside lawyers in domestic and foreign litigation
• Conducting IP audits and due diligence assessments for international clients and corporate investors
• Giving strategic advice to clients regarding the management and development of their IP portfolio
• Taking an active approach in the business development opportunities
• Devloping the candidate’s existing networks to identify and develop potential clients
• Developing the firm’s existing networks to identify and develop potential clients
• Identifying and developing new networks to identify and develop potential clients
• Capitalise on the IP Law Firm assets : strong connections with the USA, wide range of expertise among the 70 professionals, liaise with the French divisions of existing multinational clients.
• Recruit, mentor and train associates
• Promote the values of the IP Law Firm.
Profil du candidat
• A degree (Master, PhD) in mechanics, mechanical engineering or electronics
• Two years post EQE minimum, French CPI
At least 6 years as a patent attorney. Experience gained either in house or in a law firm
• Expertise in all IP related counselling activities: patent drafting and prosecution, leading oppositions and FTO work, due diligence, litigation….
• Ability to report, discuss and advise in a concise and focused manner, both orally and written
• Ability to provide sound commercial advice on IP matters
• Ability to work autonomously, cope with a high work pace, handle deadlines and plan work efficiently.
• Ability to problem-solving, applying judgement and knowledge of issues in order to achieve the best results for the client.
• Can identify more commercial solutions to clients’ problems rather than just offering a technical opinion.
• Experienced in training junior attorneys.
• Able to negotiate fee arrangements with clients at least on a case by case basis
• Ability to manage workload effectively and workload of others if delegated work down.
• Can manage work in such a way as to ensure good recovery rates, monitor WIP and initiate prompt billing, discussing costs and billing matters with clients.
• Proactive, client driven, with a proven ability and desire to develop new business
• Ability to develop and apply a detailed knowledge of the Firm’s service capabilities and initiate marketing opportunities, e.g. knowing client needs and applying creative thinking to meet those needs.
• Can spot opportunities for business development outside of own technical/legal area and effect introductions to other people within the firm.
• Can maintain and strengthen relationships with new and existing clients.
• Able to take sole responsibility for at least medium-sized clients.
• Can provide proactive input into, and assist with implementation of, the Firm’s Business and Marketing Plans to promote the French office in particular.
• Can develop personal Business Development activities to support these plans & report into the firm on them.
• Ability to travel to other offices and report to or work with patent partners across the firm to serve the firm’s clients’ French needs
• Ability to travel on occasion to the US to support the firm’s US business development strategy
• Some client following would be very much preferred
• Excellent command of French. Ability to communicate fluently in English both orally and in writing.
• Excellent communication skills. Ability to engage with the client.
• Good communication skills both internally and externally; ability to present well at seminars and to clients.
• Good interpersonal skills to interact with both French and UK based staff
Déposer votre candidature